MOBO Award Winners 2013 Announced!
2013 MOBO Award Winners strike gold in Glasglow! Naughty Boy, Laura Mvula, Rudimental & Wiley are some who take glory at the 18th anniversary show!
★ When we say this years winners strike gold, we really mean it! Each winner was given an 18ct gold leaf MOBO trophy carefully redesigned for this year’s 18th anniversary celebrations.
★ The 18th MOBO Awards ceremony took place tonight (October 19th) at The SSE Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland; and what a night it was!
★ The night showcased a roster of amazing live performances from AlunaGeorge, Fuse ODG, Iggy Azalea, Jahméne Douglas, Laura Mvula, Ms Dynamite and Shy FX, Naughty Boy, Rudimental, So Solid Crew and Tinie Tempah.
★ Laura Mvula and Naughty Boy were both awarded with two golden MOBO trophies.
★ Tinie Tempah was crowned king of UK Hip Hop/Grime.
★ Man of the moment Wiley took home Best Male.
★ Unsigned rap duo Krept & Konan was awarded with an deserving Best Newcomer MOBO! The Young Kingz have had an amazing year, with their independent album reaching the top 20 in the UK album charts!
— K Koke (@KokeUSG) October 19, 2013
— Craig David (@CraigDavid) October 19, 2013
Check out the full listing of 2013 MOBO Award Winners:
Best African Act – Fuse ODG
Best Album – ‘Home’, Rudimental
Best Female in association with Tresor Paris – Laura Mvula
Best Gospel – Lurine Cato
Best International Act – Kendrick Lamar
Best Jazz – Sons of Kemet
Best Male – Wiley
Best Newcomer in association with HTC – Krept & Konan
Best Reggae Act – Sean Paul
Best RnB/Soul Act – Laura Mvula
Best Song in association with PRSforMusic – ‘La La La’, Naughty Boy
Best UK Hip Hop/Grime – Tinie Tempah
Best Video in association with SBTV – ‘La La La’, Naughty Boy
Be MOBO – Stephen Lawrence Trust
- School Principal Announces Snow Day With “Let It Go” Cover - 28/01/2015
- Iggy Azalea Inked Up: The truth behind her tattoos - 27/01/2015
- These 15 music acts will be popular in 2015 - 22/01/2015
- 10 Christmas Vines that will make you laugh - 16/12/2014
- Black Friday: Amazon, Asda, Topshop, Boohoo, John Lewis & More - 28/11/2014
- Jessica Agombar – The New Urban-Pop Princess? | Interview - 14/11/2014
- UNIQLO: HeatTech | Fashion - 10/11/2014
- giffgaff’s halloween | #AllTheBoss - 31/10/2014
- Stormzy perfoms on BBC’s On Later With Jools Holland - 29/10/2014
- 8 Emoji Characters to dress up as this Halloween - 24/10/2014