MOBO Award Winners 2013 Announced!
2013 MOBO Award Winners strike gold in Glasglow! Naughty Boy, Laura Mvula, Rudimental & Wiley are some who take glory at the 18th anniversary show!
★ When we say this years winners strike gold, we really mean it! Each winner was given an 18ct gold leaf MOBO trophy carefully redesigned for this year’s 18th anniversary celebrations.
★ The 18th MOBO Awards ceremony took place tonight (October 19th) at The SSE Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland; and what a night it was!
★ The night showcased a roster of amazing live performances from AlunaGeorge, Fuse ODG, Iggy Azalea, Jahméne Douglas, Laura Mvula, Ms Dynamite and Shy FX, Naughty Boy, Rudimental, So Solid Crew and Tinie Tempah.
★ Laura Mvula and Naughty Boy were both awarded with two golden MOBO trophies.
★ Tinie Tempah was crowned king of UK Hip Hop/Grime.
★ Man of the moment Wiley took home Best Male.
★ Unsigned rap duo Krept & Konan was awarded with an deserving Best Newcomer MOBO! The Young Kingz have had an amazing year, with their independent album reaching the top 20 in the UK album charts!
— K Koke (@KokeUSG) October 19, 2013
— Craig David (@CraigDavid) October 19, 2013
Check out the full listing of 2013 MOBO Award Winners:
Best African Act – Fuse ODG
Best Album – ‘Home’, Rudimental
Best Female in association with Tresor Paris – Laura Mvula
Best Gospel – Lurine Cato
Best International Act – Kendrick Lamar
Best Jazz – Sons of Kemet
Best Male – Wiley
Best Newcomer in association with HTC – Krept & Konan
Best Reggae Act – Sean Paul
Best RnB/Soul Act – Laura Mvula
Best Song in association with PRSforMusic – ‘La La La’, Naughty Boy
Best UK Hip Hop/Grime – Tinie Tempah
Best Video in association with SBTV – ‘La La La’, Naughty Boy
Be MOBO – Stephen Lawrence Trust
- Wireless Festival 2015 tickets for just £35 in Flash Sale - 24/06/2015
- 24 Songs We Want Drake to Perform at Wireless Festival - 23/06/2015
- What 35 Years of Beauty and Subculture Looks Like - 11/06/2015
- Real Life GTA: Dope recreation of GTA V - 08/06/2015
- Capturing the Evolution of Beauty - 05/06/2015
- IV Rox release new Under The Bridge Remixes - 05/06/2015
- Rip The Runway UK 2015 - 02/06/2015
- Episode 3: The Show Room with Remel London - 26/05/2015
- Good Deals: May Bank Holiday Special - 22/05/2015
- Episode 2: The Show Room with Remel London - 18/05/2015